qemu update for fc13 broken?

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Tue Apr 5 13:47:59 UTC 2011

Ken Smith wrote:
> {snip}
> This might be related. On my FC13 system, on 22 Mar, qemu went from
>
> qemu-common-0.12.5-1.fc13.x86_64 to ->  qemu-common-0.13.0-1.fc13.x86_64
>
> After that update an XP vm no longer boots. Win 7 and Centos VM's are
> fine. The XP vm was installed with the work-around of booting from an
> iso image of the XP install disk and being allowed to time out and then
> starting the system on the hard disk image. The XP install image will
> boot and the XP repair option that appears early in the XP install
> sequence can mount the disk. It's native fixmbr/fixboot commands don't help.
>
> If I attach the xp vm's disk to the Win 7 vm all the files are visible.
>
> Any suggestions
>
> Thanks
>
> Ken

Update: I have installed new XP guest system and copied the whole
filesystem from the non-booting one over the new XP filesystem and it
now boots fine without the workaround of booting via the XP install iso
image. XP had a bit of a tantrum over its own activation process but
that is OK now.

:-) Ken

believed to be clean.