Installing F14 from DVD hangs

Burkhard Plache burkhardplache at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:49:19 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am trying to install F14 from DVD  on an empty Laptop.

After inserting the DVD, I get the menu:

1) Install a new system or upgrade an existing system
2) Install system with basic video driver
3) Rescue installed system
4) Boot from local drive
5) Memory test

I select option 1, and after a bit of fast output of the type

[ time ] Message
the system stalls after the following message:

[   3.762682] Initalizing network drop monitor service

The problem re-occurs after power cycling.

Is this an issue of hardware incompatibility?
I have an old Fedora6 DVD, which works fine,
but I would rather run a more up-to-date system.

Any help appreciated,
Burkhard