Installing F14 from DVD hangs

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:58:27 UTC 2011

On 04/05/2011 11:49 AM, Burkhard Plache wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install F14 from DVD  on an empty Laptop.
>
> After inserting the DVD, I get the menu:
>
> 1) Install a new system or upgrade an existing system
> 2) Install system with basic video driver
> 3) Rescue installed system
> 4) Boot from local drive
> 5) Memory test
>
> I select option 1, and after a bit of fast output of the type
>
> [ time ] Message
> the system stalls after the following message:
>
> [   3.762682] Initalizing network drop monitor service
>
> The problem re-occurs after power cycling.
>
> Is this an issue of hardware incompatibility?
> I have an old Fedora6 DVD, which works fine,
> but I would rather run a more up-to-date system.
>
> Any help appreciated,
> Burkhard
I burned fc14 iso and installed it from DVD.
I saw no such problem.

I believe you may have a bad burn.

Did you run the media check from the banner that pops up?

If not, I suggest you do so.

If that banner never pops up,  you have a bad burn.

To burn more reliably,  find another machine that can burn the iso, and
that can reduce recording speed to 1 or 2.
Slower recording speeds produce less errors in recording.