Booting USB squashfs with CD

theblues gnr thebluesgnr at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 22:29:36 UTC 2011

Hi,
I'm trying to install Fedora on a MacBook but ran into a problem. Basically, the computer's CD drive is not working properly so it will fail to load the image from the disc half way through, with errors. I also can't boot from a USB stick, since this is a MacBook.
So my question: is there any way to use the CD to load the kernel and initrd with isolinux, but then load the system image from the USB drive?
Looking at the configuration options in isoloader, I see the following line:vmlinuz0 initrd=initrd0.img root=live:CDLABEL=Fedora-15-Nightly-20110403.17-i6 rootfstype=auto ro liveimg quiet  rhgb rd.luks=0 rd.md=0 rd.dm=0
I suppose if there is a way to load it from the USB stick I'd have to change the root option, from "live" to something else. What would that be?
Anyway, that's as far as I got so far. Appreciate any help.
I have the lateste F15 nightly on a CD and USB stick (created with abock-image-writer).
Thanks in advance!Mark