verifying the boot.iso for fedora 15

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 02:35:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com> wrote:
> Joel Rees wrote:
>> gpg: Signature made Thu 03 Mar 2011 12:34:51 PM JST using RSA key ID 069C8460
>> gpg: Good signature from "Fedora (15) <fedora at fedoraproject.org>"
>> gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
>> gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
>> Primary key fingerprint: 25DB B54B DED7 0987 F4C1  0042 B4EB F579 069C 8460
>>
>> but I don't find either the key or the fingerprint at
>> https://fedoraproject.org/keys.
>
> I just pushed a fix for this to the fedora-web git repository¹.  When
> the website syncs next it should be on the /keys page.

Thanks! I'll go check it. Checked and matched.

> That is the
> proper key and fingerprint (though I don't expect you to just take my
> word for that ;).

Well, I had already, as I often do, gone to about five (this time)
sort-of randomly selected mirrors to download the checksum files and
compare them. But, yeah, having them posted also helps the confidence
level. (Which is all we can say, in the end, anyway.)

And the posting about it here gives other people who would know if
this is wrong another chance to jump in and speak up, which increases
overall confidence in the signature.

Speaking of posts, this was posted to announcements and I missed it, right? 8-p