Booting USB squashfs with CD

stefan riemens fgfs.stefan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 08:19:33 UTC 2011

I would try the "plop" boatloader. Its basically a bootable cd which can
chainload to quite a few other devices.

Stefan
Op 6 apr. 2011 00:29 schreef "theblues gnr" <thebluesgnr at hotmail.com> het
volgende:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Fedora on a MacBook but ran into a problem.
Basically, the computer's CD drive is not working properly so it will fail
to load the image from the disc half way through, with errors. I also can't
boot from a USB stick, since this is a MacBook.

> So my question: is there any way to use the CD to load the kernel and
initrd with isolinux, but then load the system image from the USB drive?

> Looking at the configuration options in isoloader, I see the following
line:
> vmlinuz0 initrd=initrd0.img
root=live:CDLABEL=Fedora-15-Nightly-20110403.17-i6 rootfstype=auto ro
liveimg quiet  rhgb rd.luks=0 rd.md=0 rd.dm=0

> I suppose if there is a way to load it from the USB stick I'd have to
change the root option, from "live" to something else. What would that be?