native texlive and yum

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Apr 6 17:14:54 UTC 2011

On 04/06/2011 12:39 PM, Walter Cazzola wrote:
> Dear Fedora Experts, after a little work-out and a big help from people
> in comp.text.te  and
> others on this group I solved the issue and wrote down a rpm spec for a
> fake texlive rpm that fools the yum system.
>
> Since I think this is can help someone else I'll attach to this message
> the .spec file that you can use to recreate the fake rpm. To do this you
> need the rpmdevtools installed and do the following:

>> From this point on you can install all the packages you need without
> worrying about satisfying the tex dependencies.

   I am one of the someone who it will help - fedora TexLive has
historically lagged so much as to be a problem ..

   So thank you !! I will test this as soon as I can ...

   Will this allow me to use the fedora install of R (which is very
helpful) instead of my own install ? (I've been installing R and
texmaker outside of fedora repos).

   thanks again for doing this ...

   I wonder if the official TexLive download would include your spec file ?

  gene/