[Fedora] Re: native texlive and yum

José Matos jaomatos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 23:37:29 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 06 April 2011 20:49:20 Walter Cazzola wrote:
> Unfortunately some bad written packages (such as R) rely
> on the presence of a tex-based rpm this is what my hack solves.

The packages are well written, since they depend on latex the rpm package
should require the equivalent rpm package, that is the basic principle for
distribution.

Imagine to install some package and have to get by hand all its
dependencies... In this case latex is a hard requirement (not even optional)
for R so the R package should depend on it or else it would a package error.

There is a fedora-texlive mailing list where these issues are discussed.
--
José Abílio