Hardware for learning graphics.

Unknown arelem at bigpond.com
Thu Apr 7 07:22:59 UTC 2011

On 04/07/2011 03:19:31 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 04/06/2011 10:05 PM, Unknown wrote:
>> It is too difficult to use Nvidia graphics with Fedora and I do not
>> reccomend it.
>
> There, at least, I have to differ.  If you use the guides at the
> Fedora
> Forum or install fedoraplus (I've given pointers to both, recently,
> but
> will be happy to do so again.) getting the nVidia drivers working is a
> snap.  What's hard is installing the binary blob from the OEM,
> especially as you'll have to do it again every time the kernel
> updates.
> --

  Yep, I do agree, however that ceases to be an issue with Ubuntu.
For a newbie, it's a neat way to quickly get up and learning apps
instead of updates.
For me the apps are it, the OS is just the means to drive the apps.
Once a person has confidence then updates regardless of OS type cease
to be a consideration.
Roger