INS key on macbook and vuurmuur

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Thu Apr 7 14:58:54 UTC 2011

admin lewis writes:

> Hi
> I have installed fedora on my macbook. Everythings work well but I
> have a problem with vuurmuur software.
> vuurmuur is a ncurses iptables front-end so that it run on terminal.
> To insert data on vuurmuur I have to press INS key on my macbook ...
> but it has NO  INS key.
> On gnome INS is mapped as FN+DEL and it works very well on vim, bash
> etc. But it wont work on vuurmuur. How can I solve this problem ?
> thanks luigi

The first step is to determine whether that key combination actually
generates a terminal keystroke.

In a terminal window, run "od -t x1", press your key combination, then CTRL-
D to send EOF to od.

If od reports that it received some kind of a key sequence, then it's a
simple matter of modifying your existing xterm terminfo to add that mapping
for the insert key.

If no key sequence is received in a terminal window, you're out of luck.