F14: Power Manager: No "On Battery" tab

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Fri Apr 8 02:49:12 UTC 2011

On 04/07/2011 07:42 PM, sean darcy wrote:
> With an updated F14 on a laptop, System -> Preferences > Power Manager
> comes up with only "On AC Power" and "General". I can see from help
> there should be a Battery tab. But not here.

What is selected in the Notification Area of the General tab?

You're not booting with "noacpi" are you?  I'm not sure how well the
older APM? stuff works with Gnome.

Can you look and see if there is an:  /proc/acpi/battery directory?
Does it contain (at least) a BAT0 directory?  And in there, you should
find files:  alarm  info  state

If so, try looking at those 3 files.  You should be able to see
information about your laptop battery.

Do you have a power-management applet running in one of your panels?
If so, does it show just a power cord, a battery and a power cord, or
just a battery?  Does your laptop run without the power cord plugged in?
If so, does the applet icon change when you change the power cord state?

> gnome-power-manager-2.32.0-3.fc14.x86_64
>
> How do I get the Battery tab?

???  It should work if the system detects/recognizes the battery....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at verizon.net
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net