buut paramerers for seeing the verbose boot process

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 20:23:18 UTC 2011

On 04/08/2011 12:29 AM, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> On 04/08/2011 02:06 AM, JD wrote:
>> In F13, I could see all the steps of the boot
>> process and see what was failing.
>> Now, in F14, that is all hidden.
>> What boot params do I need to remove or add
>> to make the boot output visible again.
> Look at your kernel command line in /etc/grub.conf.  If you see either
> "rhgb" and/or "quiet", remove them.  That should let you see all the
> messages again.
Thank you Kevin.
I looked! I have not rhgb and no quiet.
What happens is at boot, there is a fast scroll
of text and suddenly, the screen appears as if it got powered off,
but it also behaves that way when switching from bios text mode
to graphics mode. It stays blank  (black) for about 2.5 or more minutes
and then the Gnome login menu pops up.
I never get to see the output of the boot process,
so I can see what passed and what failed.

Thanx,

JD