How to use rpm to install adobe-flash?

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 03:42:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Joel Rees <joel.rees at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is not to be mean to the other users. It's to protect the other
> users from the vulnerabilities in flash. If flash is installed
> globally (the usual thing that happens when you use the rpm package),
> all users become vulnerable. Including that administrator account that
> you never use to get on the web, except to fedoraproject.org and other
> places where you need to read the manuals, etc.

I don't think this is correct. Permissions for plugins are not setuid.
So as long as the call to load the library is done as a regular user
(as in, you don't surf the Internet as root), vulnerabilities in the
plugin can _only_ affect the regular user.

Please feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong.

--
Suvayu