What filesystem for ssd? (f15)

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Mon Apr 11 16:29:36 UTC 2011

Am 11.04.2011 17:31, schrieb Michael Cronenworth:
> The 'noatime' mount option has been a Fedora default for several
> releases now. There is no need to set it manually.

Good to know. I'm not a Fedora guru ;).

> There are no conclusive arguments to prefer ext4 or btrfs at this time.
> Either file system is a good choice. As has been mentioned, you can
> convert an ext4 file system to btrfs at any time (but not the other way
> around).

Well for me the fact that btrfs still isn't stable is a conclusive
argument. As it can be converted quite easily later on I would recommend
ext4 so far.

> I use btrfs on SSDs and HDs and my data has been safe so far.

Although btrfs seems to be solid, there have been reports of data loss
as a result of bugs within the code.

Best regards,
Karol Babioch