ssha passwords

fedora fedora at ayni.com
Tue Apr 12 12:55:12 UTC 2011

At this site, we are using LDAP authentication exclusively. In the LDAP
DIT whe have all kinds of hased passwords including crypt, ssh, ssha. In
front of the password hash of the userPassword attribute we indicate the
type of hash used:

{crypt}/ey2ykUvpobl
{SHA}QwdAWqb3+JCy34khUkrR81af/B
{SSHA}yVvZPg6Pz9WOjEUoLIv2XRpJAQRhzu

We can auttenticate a user via pam, and the mail-message store
authenticates mail users using the same userPassword attribute.

The primary hash is indicated in the LDAP config:
  olcPasswordHash: {SSHA}
Thus, when we use the LDAP tools (ldapadd, ldapmodify) to add/change
passwords, the hash type is indicated automatically in the userPassword
attribute as explained above.

suomi