How to install Apache web server in Fedora 14? Can yum be used for installing?

Varuna Seneviratna varunaseneviratna at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 04:46:50 UTC 2011

Joshua
         I started the service But I had to log on as root.The problem
I have now is How to Do web development.The Test page is displayed
when accessed through localhost.In the left part of the Test page the
below is displayed

If you are the website administrator:

You may now add content to the directory /var/www/html/. Note that
until you do so, people visiting your website will see this page, and
not your content. To prevent this page from ever being used, follow
the instructions in the file /etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf.

You are free to use the images below on Apache and Fedora powered HTTP
servers. Thanks for using Apache and Fedora!

My problems are
1 How to Do web Development, I am not able to(not allowed) save any
.html or any other file in the directory /var/www/html Do I have to
logged in as root to Do web Development?
2 Am I safe from outside intrusion when running the Web Server bound to port 80