Separate /usr partition

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 13 06:45:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 17:04 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>  Separating these file system trees is not more efficient unless the
> partitions are on separate hard drives.

Well, that rather depends...  For some people, *efficiency* can mean not
sitting through an entire huge drive do a fsck thanks to only one
partition needing checking.  Or using different file systems and/or
mount options on the different partitions.  Or putting certain
partitions into faster parts of the drive.  Or putting certain mount
points on partitions that aren't going to get fragmented by other
things.

Some snippage when you reply, PLEASE!

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r