Separate /usr partition

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 13 17:53:33 UTC 2011

Gabriel Ramirez wrote:

[...]

> Well, the article points the problems are daemon's fault, but maybe the
> clean design of systemd is too clean

That's not my understanding. The systemd is reporting a fact, that's
all. The cause of any boot problems is the way udev works, I think.
I'm no udev expert by any means. I tried it briefly (for a few weeks)
and decided that it wasn't for me a few years ago, and I don't run it.
That being said, I don't see how to make udev handle automatic creation
and mount of devices which aren't required for boot, and also handle
the devices required for boot, given the way it works. Boot is a
multistage process, and being able to stop at an intermediate stage
is not something the designer of udev considered very deeply.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.