Ace Aspire One And New Broadcom Drivers

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 21:35:58 UTC 2011

Hi,

There is possibly an small problem - what relates to the kmod - akmod
naming difference. I could help you, but tell me the results of
'ifconfig', 'rfkill' (you have install that, and need an list param),
and 'lsmod', 'rpm -qa | grep wl' . Pack that into an txt, and send it
over me. If I have right, then we have to report an dependency
problem.

Thanks,

Zoltan

2011/4/13 Eric Mesa <ericsbinaryworld at gmail.com>:
> I just got an Acer Aspire One and threw Fedora 15 Alpha on it.  This
> is a good thing as, according to
> linuxwireless.org/en/users/drivers/brcm80211 says that my wifi chip is
> in the 2.6.38 kernel.  That page tells me to d/l some firmware files
> to a specific directory.  I went there and those files are already
> there.  But I don't have any wireless configured.
>
> The system only sees em1 and lo if I do an iwconfig and em1 is the ethernet.
> lspci -vnn | grep 14e4
> 02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313
> 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4727] (rev 01)
>        Subsystem: Broadcom Corporation Device [14e4:0510]
>
> so the system can see the hardware.  Why is it not loading?  Is there
> another step I'm missing?
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> --