Thunderbird, web links in email, and Firefox

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Apr 14 05:29:47 UTC 2011

On 04/14/2011 01:26 PM, JD wrote:
> Ever since upgrading to F14,
> double clicking on a web link in an
> email message (in Thunderbird) does
> not open that link in Firefox.
> My home dir was not altered during
> upgrade, as it is on a different drive.
> Thunderbird: Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> General shows that
> "Always check to see if Thunderbird is the default mail client on startup"
> is checked.
>
> Any ideas how to restore that functionality?

First, don't you want to check that "Firefox" is the default browser and
not what you typed?

Second, I ran into a situation like this a year or so ago.  What I did
was start TBird from the command line and it spit out some stuff that
led me to the solution.

--
Isn't air travel wonderful? Breakfast in London, dinner in New York,
luggage in Brazil. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段