upgrade to fc15 rc with yum? (don't do it)

Joshua Andrews woodguy552010 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 17:03:44 UTC 2011

________________________________
From: Joshua Andrews <woodguy552010 at yahoo.com>
To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
Sent: Wed, April 13, 2011 9:22:14 AM
Subject: upgrade to fc15 rc with yum?

I was wondering if I can upgrade to the FC 15 RC1 with yum.
I don't know where to find the fedora-release and yum repo packages or if
upgrading that way is possible.
I was going to clone a vboxfc14 virtual machine and test upgrading on it.

-J

I tried upgrading  F 14 to F 15 beta with yum and it was pretty much a disaster.
Virtualbox video drivers don't work so I could only boot to Linux single.

I would like to find an iso of 15 rc 2 beta and see if I can repair - salvage
the vm. It is just a clone but I'm still somewhat attached to it.