Where to find a binary for wl-kmod for current fedora 14

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 14:14:57 UTC 2011

    Colin>     It turns out that the dependency name is wrong!.
    Colin> Actually, what i needed was kmod-wl 5.100.82.38 and kmod-wl
    Colin> 2.6.35.12.88. This is  REALLY weird (and plain unworkable,
    Colin> almost).

    Colin>     Anyway, my network is working again.

    Eric> That's what someone mentioned might be the issue with my Acer
    Eric> Aspire One and its broadcom drivers.  Did you just manually
    Eric> find the dependency you really needed or did a yum update fix

I manually found it. What I was doing was googling on my desktop
machine, copying the found rpm to a USB stick, plugging that into my
notebook, and trying the rpm command.
Yum update isn't an option with no working network.

    Eric> it?  Also, did you report the bug?

I don't know that there's necessarily a bug involved. The problem is
that yum update will update the kernel, but as I had to use this
procedure to install the driver in the first place (no network, so i
cound't use yum - catch 22), yum might not be
looking for the broadcom driver in the first place.

Perhaps I could NOW try a yum install (with an option to force install
already installed packages), and that would future-proof me until next
time I install from scratch.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire