Upgrade Fedora 6 to 14 (remotely)

Bill Weinheimer bill.weinheimer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 22:03:14 UTC 2011

Dante,

I know this is not the best time for a joke, but it appears the hosting
vendor didn't even ask if you preferred Phillips or slotted.  Just on a
lark, is the server with the ancient Fedora in possession of hot swappable
drives?  If so there may be a path you can use by just getting someone to
swap the disk drives, assuming physical access to the server for you is
impossible.

Of course you would have to be careful to have all the routing set up
correctly, but it may be a way out, no?

Bill