problem with microphone and skype

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 22:46:42 UTC 2011

On 04/15/11 14:38, François Patte wrote:

I have a Dell Precision M65 laptop and I also had a problem with skype
and the microphone.  On my system (F14 and Gnome) it turned out that
when I ran the sound preferences app there were 2 microphone input
devices.  When I switched the configuration to the second microphone
everything worked.  In my case the second microphone is the built in.
You may be encountering a similar problem.

Paolo