Upgrade Fedora 6 to 14 (remotely)

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Sat Apr 16 09:20:56 UTC 2011

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:48:24 -0400
Dante Conti <dante.conti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to remotely upgrade a server running Fedora 6 to Fedora
> 14 (or 15)? If yes, should I use PreUpgrade?
>
> Thank you for any help you can provide.

Are you sure you need Fedora? I'd just plug in CentOS 5, the upgrade to
which is rather simple to do, since CentOS 5 is basically Fedora 6.

Basically what you need to do is replace the fedora-release package with
the centos-release RPM (and you probably want Fedora EPEL, as well), and
then run yum update. This can all be done remotely in an SSH session.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor
jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org