OpenOffice and PDF

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 14:38:32 UTC 2011

On 04/16/2011 06:33 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 18:33 -0700, JD wrote:
>> Found this on the web at http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/139588
>> OpenOffice.org extension will add PDF editing
>> By Bruce Byfield on July 03, 2008 (7:00:00 PM)
>>
>> I tried to edit a PDF file, and I have
>> to report that, on my unicore athlon 64, 2GB ram,
>> it is so painfully slow to edit a PDF file that I had
>> to abandon the effort.
>>
>> There is a faster pdf editor called flpsed, and is available
>> in the fedora repo. It is much faster, but when I saved the
>> file as a pdf (not a postscript), it could not be viewed
>> by the Adobe Reader, which said that it was corrupt.
>> However, it was readable by Evince, which is also in Fedora
>> repo.
>>
>> I was unable to use pdfedit in Fedora Repo because
>> it is not a WYSIWYG editor - or at least, I had no idea
>> how to use it to change a PDF file.
>>
>> Any other pdf editors available that are quick and work?
> Well there is good news and bad news. The program xournal can edit pdf
> files. But the bad news is that xournal is needed to read the file.
I just installed it and it seems to do the job rather
nicely, albeit, it is really difficult to position the characters
in the position where the cursor is. You have to click the
cursor almost 3/4 of the characheter's height above
where the Character should be, and then type the character.
Thanx a lot for the tip.

Cheers,

JD