Optimising transmission

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 20:04:13 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Lately I am noticing that despite reasonably low network activity, my
network access speeds go down whenever transmission is seeding many
torrents even if the upload bandwidth usage has been limited to
30Kbps. Pausing some of the seeding torrents usually resolves the
issue. I also found that often the upload rate transmission actually
uses is much higher (~50Kbps) than the set limit of 30Kbps. Is the
extra bandwidth required to negotiate with peers or other related
tasks? Does anyone have any pointers on how I can optimise
transmission so that it doesn't slow down my internet?

--
Suvayu