Upgrade Fedora 6 to 14 (remotely)

Andy Blanchard zocalo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:18:11 UTC 2011

On 18 April 2011 13:48, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:07:33 +0100
> Dave Cross wrote:
>
> > What kind of hosting company installs an operating system that has
> > been unsupported for three years?
>
> One that has been in business for about 3 years and has just
> been copying the original fedora 6 image they setup when
> they started using the rote procedures the consultant they
> hired at that time created?

This may be a dumb question, but since it hasn't actually come up yet...
Are we *certain* the hosting company in question installed Fedora v6 and not
the current release (also v6) of Red Hat Enterprise Linux?

IIRC Fedora was still under the Red Hat banner at v6, so this could be a
simple mix up by a sales droid or some other communication SNAFU.
Especially so since RHN might be a much more appealing way of managing a
large number of installs than rolling their own solution on Fedora for a web
hosting company...

What does the command "cat /etc/redhat-release" return?

--
Andy

The only person to have all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe