Upgrade Fedora 6 to 14 (remotely)

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Mon Apr 18 16:43:13 UTC 2011

On 04/15/2011 02:48 PM, Dante Conti wrote:
> Is it possible to remotely upgrade a server running Fedora 6 to Fedora
> 14 (or 15)? If yes, should I use PreUpgrade?
>
> Thank you for any help you can provide.
>
> --Dante

Jumping back in at the top...

Since you're provisioning a server, you'd really be better off with
Centos than Fedora.  I love Fedora, but I don't like to do OS upgrades
on servers, and you're committing yourself to bunch of them as Fedora
moves on.

I have a nice little EC2 server running Amazon linux that's very stable
and a Centos server on Slicehost.

--
-- Steve