Upgrade Fedora 6 to 14 (remotely)

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Apr 18 22:19:29 UTC 2011

On 04/18/2011 03:07 PM, JD wrote:
> Guys, I do not mean to say that the hosting copanies
> that "are good" are NOT worth the cost. I only meant
> you have to shell out what they ask.

I may be a tad less optimistic: expensive hosting companies may or may
not be worth the cost, but cheap ones are probably not unless you have
very low expectations, or very simple needs.

> However, I will stick to my guns that negotiating with
> the hosting company to provide at least two drives
> that will let you do your own remote installation and
> boot the drive you want from the grub menu.

Oh, I agree that if your hosting company will agree, it's a good way to
go.  I was just pointing out that in this case, the company in question
probably wasn't worth trusting.  (My advice was, and still is to go
somewhere else, making sure they'll give you a box with a current
version of Linux; if they'll give you a second hard drive so that you
can upgrade with minimal downtime, so much the better.)