Optimising transmission

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 08:57:08 UTC 2011

On 04/19/2011 01:58 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
> Thank you Rahul for the response. That is very good news. Does that
> mean F15 will have this at some point? I will be looking forward to
> it. :)

I certainly won't be pushing a beta release as an update.  However once
there is a stable release, I intend to consult with upstream about
whether it is going to be disruptive as an update.   If upstream is in
favor of it, it would still probably require a exception as our current
updates policy is geared towards bug fixes and security fixes

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy

Since this is a leaf package, it should be possible to get an exception
if needed.  At this point,  I don't know yet if there is going to be an
feature update to Fedora 15.   I have a Transmission repo
(http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/sundaram/transmission/)  which I
could use for additional testing.  If you are interested in getting a
beta release for Fedora 15, let me know.

Rahul