Is the Network Manager installed by default when Fedora 14 is installed by a Live CD I installed using a Live CD?

Varuna Seneviratna varunaseneviratna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:42:39 UTC 2011

On 19 April 2011 22:05, Rick Stevens <ricks at nerd.com> wrote:
> On 04/19/2011 09:22 AM, Varuna Seneviratna wrote:
>>
>> Is the Network Manager installed by default when Fedora 14 is
>> installed by a Live CD
>> I installed using a Live CD.
>> According to the Faq at
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/NetworkManager under the Question
>> Command Line Way it is said to give the command "su -c '/sbin/service
>> NetworkManager start " to start the service But When given the command
>> at the terminal no message of any sort appears and even not the prompt
>> appears what appears is as below
>>
>> Quote:
>> su -c '/sbin/service NetworkManager start

>> After The command a less than symbol appears and it stays that way
>> without nothing changing.
>> How to know whether the Network Manager is Installed, whether is it
>> working?
>
> You need a closing quote:
>
>        su -c '/sbin/service NetworkManager start'
>
> The ">" prompt is the shell asking you to complete the quoted string,
> so you could have put a single quote after it and hit ENTER:
>
>        > '
>
> That would have closed the quoted string and you're off to the races.
> - Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting          ricks at nerd.com -
> - AIM/Skype: therps2        ICQ: 22643734            Yahoo: origrps2 -
> -                                                                    -
> -      "Microsoft is a cross between The Borg and the Ferengi.       -
> -  Unfortunately they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to  -
> -               do their programming."  -- Simon Slavin              -

Rich
      Thanks and it started working But what are the other command
That can be made use of when using Network Manager
Below is what has appeared in my terminal now

               Setting network parameters...
   [  OK  ]
               Starting NetworkManager daemon:

Where can I find more information about Network Manager to used in the
Command Line way

Varuna