DCS-932L Wireless N Network Linux based Camera to Fedora

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Apr 19 19:24:19 UTC 2011

On 19/04/11 14:48, james tate wrote:
> On 04/19/2011 02:00 PM, Terry Polzin wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 13:53 -0400, james tate wrote:
>>> The DCS-932L Wireless N Network Camera is a Linux base camera, does
>>> anyone know if there is software to interface it with a Fedora 14 PC  ?
>> Have you looked at cheese?
>>
> I should have stated that this is a network camera, I don't believe
> Cheese will support it and I don't know if Zoneminder would either. just
> wanted to find out before i buy it if it would. Or maybe some has
> already tried it.

            Those cameras get assigned an IP address and can be viewed
            with VLC, Firefox, etc. I have two made by Zonet, cheap, but
            they have been working for about a year now after I drilled
            holes in the case and added a tiny fan.

            They would overheat in hot weather, actually just the sun
            shining in the window would kill them. Make sure what you
            buy has some vent holes in the case at least.

            Other than that they work, not great video quality and they
            will add traffic to your LAN. I may buy one more, a
            different model though.

            Bob