Desktop effects issue...

Steven P. Ulrick lists-fedora at afolkey2.net
Wed Apr 20 16:45:57 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,
How come I can create an entirely fresh user account, log into KDE and enable
Desktop effects, but when I move my main user account's ~/.kde directory to a
different name and attempt to log in, I cannot enable Desktop effects?  Are there
some relevant settings that are contained somwhere else other than "~/.kde"?

This is on Fedora 14, NVidia driver from RPM Fusion and KDE 4.6.2 from the KDE
updates-testing repo.

I know this is not much information, but I will provide whatever you ask me for.

Steven P. Ulrick