Home virtual topo map advice?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:37:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 16:15:20 +0000 (UTC)
BeartoothHOS wrote:

> So, afaict, the alternative is to install a virtual M$ under one
> of the virtualization packages, and run my legacy software under that. It
> will almost never get a connection to the Net, other than updates from
> Garmin.

If you need the virtual machine to talk to a physical device (like
via USB), I have heard that virtualbox is better at that than most
other packages (though I have never tried it myself - I have tried
connecting a USB printer to a KVM virtual machine just for grins, and
it made the windows KVM bluescreen, so that didn't work at all).