dhcpd gateway settings

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 18:28:07 UTC 2011

Aaron Gray wrote:
> I am trying to set up a network and gateway on 192.168.1.x that I am using
> for BOOTP'ing servers.
<snip>
> But I cannot seem to get HTTP or other services to work on 192.168.1.x
>
> I have the existing 192.168.0.x network and was wondering how gateway
> requests should get from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.0.1 ?

How is this physically laid out?

Are the two networks physically separate, and the gateway has two
network cards (and hence is on both networks)?

Is the httpd daemon on the gateway?

Do you have forwarding turned on on the gateway?

Does the gateway also have the connection to the Internet, or is this
from another device?

If the gateway has the Internet connection, have all the devices got the
gateway’s IP address (on the appropriate network) as their gateway? If
not, have you set up static routing as appropriate?

Can a device on the 192.168.0/24 network ping a device on the
192.168.1/24 network?

Have you configured httpd to listen on all addresses? Can you connect to
it by it’s 192.168.1/24 address?

Lots of questions – hopefully one of them will point to the issue.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | "Well of course it doesn't work, error #24 indicates
aprilcottage.co.uk | you've attached a wombat to your vacuum cleaner, which