Many "connection reset" when iptables enabled.

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 16:14:43 UTC 2011

On 4/19/11 3:30 PM, Steven Stern wrote:
> I've configured my system using system-config-firewall and have all
> sorts of problems accessing Google and Facebook, often resulting in
> either a hung page load or a connect reset message from Firefox. When I
> turn off iptables, there are no problems.  What's wrong with my setup?

Your configuration looks correct, but you are going to have to use a
sniffer program on the local machine to see if Facebook/Google uses
another 'unnamed' port to connect with.  They should not unless they are
trying to force video content to you.

That is why I have AdBlockPlus on my system.  I stopped most of the
Flash 'junk' with it.

James McKenzie