ksh problem/question

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 19:27:51 UTC 2011

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 12:13:27 -0700
JD wrote:

> I am running ksh in my terminal - have been for many years
> and I am used to it and like it :)

The ksh in fedora used to be pdksh, then they switched to
the official ksh, and either no one has figured out how
to build it correctly or it has been broken since it was
split off. In any case pdksh has always worked more like
ksh than ksh does (especially in the area of jobcontrol).

There is also another variant (mksh maybe?) that also seems
to be more like ksh than ksh.

The "official" ksh is a disaster, I wish they would give up
on it and go back to pdksh.