ksh problem/question

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 20:24:54 UTC 2011

On 04/24/11 12:27, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 12:13:27 -0700
> JD wrote:
>> I am running ksh in my terminal - have been for many years
>> and I am used to it and like it :)
> The ksh in fedora used to be pdksh, then they switched to
> the official ksh, and either no one has figured out how
> to build it correctly or it has been broken since it was
> split off. In any case pdksh has always worked more like
> ksh than ksh does (especially in the area of jobcontrol).
> There is also another variant (mksh maybe?) that also seems
> to be more like ksh than ksh.
> The "official" ksh is a disaster, I wish they would give up
> on it and go back to pdksh.
I did run pdksh for a time.
pdksh does not work well with sourced
function files. I have a large collection
of ksh func files that I use for development,
and each func turns a tedious set of steps
into a single command.
That is why I abandoned it.

At any rate, back to my question.
Should I file a bug with redhat or with ksh
maintainers (if they have a dedicated bugzilla page).