Preupgrade questions

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Mon Apr 25 14:13:39 UTC 2011

	Iirc, preupgrade (which I've been pleased with in the past) won't
do anything, or at any rate won't install F15,  until that is officially
released; right?

	Also, I have a couple of odd minor issues on different PCs,
relating to metacity a/o the monitor (HP w2207h) a/o the KVM switch
between my PCs and the peripherals.

	Even with F15 abandoning metacity, and possibly also whatever is
causing the other minor issues, my guess is that I'll be better off doing
all fresh installs this time, except perhaps on one brand new PC.. In
fact, I'm already in process of copying all my data to an external USB
hard drive.

	I'm copying my home directory, /etc, /usr/bin (though not /bin), /
usr/sbin, and /usr/share from each PC. Are those the ones I need? (Are
any of them superfluous?)

	Fwiw, I''ve always done a lot of  minor tweaking after each fresh
install, getting two panels and an assortment of launchers into the
places where my fingers can call them without my conscious attention; I'd
like to skip that, if F15 and Gnome3 will let me.