A former ubuntu user trying Fedora15

ssc1478 ssc1478 at aim.com
Mon Apr 25 23:59:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Doron Bar Zeev <doronbr770 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 01:08, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> He obviously doesn't do any sysadmin type work. The most glaring
>> difference
>> I find between the two is the radically different sysadmin environment.
>> We had to make a redhat <-> debian translation wiki page at work for
>> reference when you can't remember how the heck to do things on the
>> kind of system you are on.
> I agree they are different from sysadmin's point of view.
> However I think an ordinary user can do the trasition fairy easily,
> and I think some will consider this because of ubuntu's not so great new
> unity interface.

That's what I'm doing.  I have been using Ubuntu since 8.04.  I'm
trying out Fedora on a spare laptop to see how I like it and to make
sure things work.  So far no problems.  I installed F14 though - I
think I'll reinstall F15 and start fresh.  I'm very interested in
ecryptfs and since Gnome/Unity is the reason I'm contemplating
switching I should really be looking at Gnome 3.

I agree with the OMG post regarding Software Center (and Symantec for
that matter.)