What is wrong with Tesseract ?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Apr 26 23:39:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 19:29 -0400, james tate wrote:
> On 04/26/2011 07:15 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 5:00 AM, james tate<binarynut at comcast.net>  wrote:
> >> And I got this output, what gives ?
> >>
> > Wild stab, but you might need a language pack? Also, I think tesseract
> > only works with TIFFs of certain bit level and of certain compression.
> >
> > -c
> what language pack, there is no english pack in the fedora repo.
----
it's been a number of years since I used tesseract but I recall that it
was relatively simple to get operational.

1. Did you run the test TIFF image to verify it worked first before you
tossed your own TIFF image at it?

2. What does 'file' tell you about the image file you are trying OCR?

Craig

believed to be clean.