Wallet mysteries

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Apr 27 13:30:33 UTC 2011

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> Is there a one-page explanation of wallet
> (actually I am using KDE Wallet) anywhere?
>
> On one laptop I have to give my wallet password
> everytime I go to my news account at news.eternal-september.org ;
> on my other laptop I am not asked for this.
>
> What is the explanation?
> And how can I stop this request being made?

Run kwalletmanager
find it in systray (it's hidden by default, may have to click ^ triangle
thingy), click it
right click your wallet (default is kdewallet) -> change password

easiest thing is to set the wallet password to be blank/empty, which will
result in it auto-opening and not prompting next time.

-- Rex