So where are my workspaces??

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 21:18:43 UTC 2011

On 04/28/2011 02:40 AM, Beartooth wrote:

> 	I logged in, and it put me onto what has always been my workspace
> #1. But there are no panels, let alone a workspace switcher; and right-
> clicking does nothing anywhere.

GNOME Shell manages workspaces dynamically

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/02/gnome-shell-gets-automatic-workspaces.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlGAmFex9ts

If you want to launch apps on predesignated workspaces,  use the
extension,   gnome-shell-extensions-auto-move-windows

After you install the extension, you can do something along the lines of

$ gsettings set org.gnome.shell.extensions.auto-move-windows
application-list
"['mozilla-firefox.desktop:1','mozilla-thunderbird.desktop:2']"

Hope that helps

Rahul