So where are my workspaces??

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 28 02:00:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 22:46 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
>         <sigh> Why do people inveterately do (%&&%% videos instead of
> plain clean prose explanations? <tears beard>

Because they can't give a good explanation?  I'm not even sure that that
video gives a good explanation of what it's supposed to be doing.

Though, it looks like you start opening things on your current space,
then shuffle them over to some other space.  Like you're continually
shuffling a deck of cards.

Unlike how I currently *LIKE* doing things, of going to a work space
that I want to work on, and opening applications normally in that space,
and that's where they stay unless I drag them over to another.

I can't say that I'm enamoured with the way things are going, and having
a whacking great big task bar on the side of the screen with huge
thumbnails, to manage what used to be done by a small space on an
existing task bar, doesn't sound very progressive to me.  I'm sure it'll
be a real annoyance on my laptop, going by my experience with compiz.
Sluggish and a slowdown to simply switching from one thing to another,
brain- and eye-irritating rapid whizzing of graphics around between
windows and screens.  And my graphics card over-heating all the time.
Laptops sort of manage occasional peak loads, with idle time to cool
down with.  They don't do well when they're continually doing hard work.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.