So where are my workspaces??

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Thu Apr 28 16:09:32 UTC 2011

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 04:28:11 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
	[....]
> if you want help, you need to give the specific command and output
> instead of this vague description

	I couldn't, because it was way too long to memorize; but I have
now found an abysmal kludge enabling me to copy, paste, and email it to
myself. So I can see it on the machine I'm using now. The command and
error message read :

[btth2 at Hbsk1 ~]$ gsettings set org.gnome.shell.extensions.auto-move
windows
application-list
"['gnome-terminal.desktop:1','mozilla-firefox.desktop:2','mozilla-
galeon.desktop:3'
]"
Usage:
  gsettings set SCHEMA[:PATH] KEY VALUE

Set the value of KEY to VALUE

Arguments:
  SCHEMA    The name of the schema
  PATH      The path, for relocatable schemas
  KEY       The key within the schema
  VALUE     The value to set

[btth2 at Hbsk1 ~]$