So where are my workspaces??

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Thu Apr 28 17:08:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:42:21 -0700, Mike Wright wrote:
	[....]
>> 	I have it doing yum update at present, also going through an
>> amazing lot of stuff. Will that enable me to orient myself? Or is this
>> release a total loss already for all but Alpha Plus Technoids?

	[....]
> This helped me a lot:  http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/CheatSheet and
> start from the bottom up.

	Many thanks! Looking at that now.

> Rather than have a fixed number of viewports they now come and go as
> they are needed.  Much different than the way I used to work but very
> comfortable now that I've had a couple of days to reorient myself.

	I tried their recommended Alt-F2. It did nothing perceptible,
even after a long wait.	Nor did goosing it with the down arrow.

	The "Applications" launcher (What was wrong with all the old Main
Menu icons?) let me open Pan (which would be a great help -- I could,
maybe, maybe, click back and forth between it, a browser, the desktop,
and a terminal). But now Pan sits there, obscuring my terminal, and I
can't even bring that to the front, much less get them into separate
workspaces. I'm afraid to open a third app ....

	Is this still the bug? Oe will this release *keep* this work-
blocking behavior?? Say it ain't so!