So where are my workspaces??

Beartooth beartooth at
Thu Apr 28 19:01:45 UTC 2011

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 19:16:55 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:08:34 +0000 (UTC), B wrote:
>> > This helped me a lot:
>> > and
>> 	I tried their recommended Alt-F2. It did nothing perceptible,
>> even after a long wait.	Nor did goosing it with the down arrow.
> Alt+F2 has always been there, also with "old" GNOME. Did you mean to say
> that you have never used it before?

	No, though that happens to be true: I had read of its existence,
and never used it.

	What I was trying to say was that, now that I did use it, it did
nothing. I find in fact that quite a few familiar techniques, such as
left-clicking to get a context menu, or clicking-&-dragging, do nothing
afaict. I even tried Alt-F2 followed by typing blind; but that did
nothing either.

	This has reached a point where, after I click a couple of things,
my terminal gets covered up, and the only way I can get back to it is to
hit Ctrl-Alt-Backspace and log in again.

	Since, as I confirmed above, I did have session saving enabled
before doing the preupgrade, I'm likely suffering under and .

	I don't know for sure how much of what I'm posting results from
one or both of those bugs, and how much might be new.