Dealing with e-mail attachments with names containing spaces.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 28 20:28:58 UTC 2011

<snip>
> >> In this case the attachment file was: Konstam plan description.pdf
> >>
> >> When I try to open it with Adobe Reader it tried to open a file called
> >> Konstam which it claimed was a Binary file.
> >
> > Seems to me that Adobe Reader (probably its launcher script) has a bug that
> > doesn't work properly with filename that has spaces. Try opening it with
> > something else, e.g. evince or okular and see if the problem is application
> > dependent.
>
> I see no problem at all opening such file names with Adobe Reader 9.4.2.
>
> --
> Bob Nichols     "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.
>                  Do NOT delete it.

Ok, I was wrong in describing the problem. Opening the file with spaces
in its name works with e-mail in general but doesn't with the a
particular type of secure mail I received. So it is not problem to be
discussed further here.
"There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn
what it is I'll get married again." -- Clint Eastwood
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net