HELP - Fedora 14 with kernel 2.6.39-rc5

john wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 03:12:12 UTC 2011

On 04/28/2011 08:50 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 04/28/2011 09:31 AM, john wendel wrote:
>
>> Sorry to be unclear. No video at any time, black screen.
>>

>   Is there anything interesting in the boot log ?

Thanks for the interest. I found the problem. Looks like a dependency
checking/build bug in make menuconfig. I finally checked the build
output and it's warning about unresolved dependencies, don't have the
output here, but it's something about LCD modules and IOMEM.

I finally got some output when booting with "nomodeset" (VGA console),
but X crashes in this mode.

I think once I get the proper modules built, things will work.

Regards,

John